Friday, August 14, 2009

She-hecheyanu...

It started with a light rattling of the metal coat hangers in the closet.
"It must be a neighbor's car pulling out of the drive-way...".
The rattling became stronger and louder, and there was this intense nausea that turned into panic when I saw the chandelier swaying.
And then I let go of the panic and enjoyed the moment.
A strange sence of of peace while feeling the sismic waves passing through my body.
My office chair moving on its wheels, my tall desk-lamp shaking, the clinking of metal objects somewhere behind me.
And it was over.
I don't know how many seconds it lasted, I bet that I'd find this information in some Japanese website, but why bother?
The first of many she-hecheyanu moments that I'm sure await me in the months to come in Japan.
August 13th, but posted later.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=agVkRRFww9pk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a sign of welcome both of you to Tokyo. As always, you don't arrive quietly. You always come in with a Bang!

I will also introduce some jpop to you from time to time. For today, I like to introduce one of my favorite songs from the 90s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx0CNJMr_Ak

Patrick Kee

Dr. Vehlow said...

"enjoyed the moment" -- aha, if this is what you call it... Wishing you a great klittah!